Sunday 4 September 2011

Dear Sappho

Dear Sappho,
Today is very important day in my life.Before I go into it,I came here to read once more this,one of the most beautiful poem I ' red in my whole life (and I red so many..).I want to feel joy of aweakeness once more.To You writing looks like breathing,so natural,so easy;that's my reading looks alike.

I wanted so much to write a critique for this poem.Why?I do believe that is the most what can anyone of us do to the poet.In commenting on a poem we're trying to help the writer whether She has succeeded in what she set out to do in the poem.It's therefofe important not only to say wheter we like or dislike something but also to say specifically why.However,sometimes it is not always easy for people doing their critiques to identify precisely !why! they like a poem or not,and sometimes I don't even know would poets like to have a cristque.

So,because of all that,I did read "Song of Sappho" aloud several times,and tryed and focused on what I think the overall message or meaning is.It's called poem summary.Here all is about Love,old Love,new one in the very beginnings.I did never wrote streight into the reply windows.I did print out this poem and I did carry it with me for several days,making annotations as ideas about it come to me.In other words;I don't like to rush.So now I can say litlle more I like to share with You:

In the reading the poem aloud I like the way how words do sound,they easily trips off the toungue.Sentences has their own elegancy in awkwardly and individual words are used (diction) seem to "fit".Ouite often Your poems have a specific speaker,or "voice",very important and here in Song I found it is convincing in the contest of whole sond.Voice,so call it,is Your very own Heart.This poem is easily seen like a paintings.It is quite a rare poem that is successful by being vague but You did it with Song.I try to see and didn't find abstract concepts and I do admire You for that.You are sowing us particulac kind of love but so discreet and with eleganse that I must say I was supriced because of Your age.Methaphors is an even stronger way to show characteristics,the poet transfer the actual indentity but in most original words.Lines in poems are sometimes short and do slow up reading speed but with imense importants.But longer lines are put there for very good reason.Fragmantations is very nicely wrriten.I do adore it.

Now I have to go.I am asked for.Keep writing and please,never stop.

As always Joy and Love

milena

That was written on 18.th of August 2011AD.It was about the most beautiful poem I have ever read in my life.I cannot write here this poem,it was written by my young friend ,if I ever get her permission to copy it here I will be honoured to bring it here.
I was givenn permission to translate this poem on croatian so I am working on it and when I finish I do hope She will give me permission to put it here.That day was very important day of my life also because that was last day I heard  voice of my beloved Lady.

No comments: